10.30.2006

Evening

"Evening"

Wake.With a phone call... my manager. ¨Im outside, i´ll pay you 20 bucks if you help me deliver a bowflex.¨ ¨It´s 8 in the morning¨¨25?¨
In his Ford. Heading to Weston?
We share marijuana stories. A party tonight. This headache will go away and I can just get wasted and relax with my friends.
Bowflex delivery. The dude only speaks spanish so I have to do the talking. He is an uptight prick who keeps asking us to move this heavy machine from spot to spot. Fuck that guy, I hope he has herpes.
On the way to the store. Time to kill. Breakfast. More marijuana stories.
At the store. Lights on, register open, music on. Americans enter. Headache.
¨I want a 300 dollar bat for my 7-year-old.¨ Fuck that guy, I hope he has gonorreah.
Manager starts to talk about women. He is a very sexist man who hasnt gotten any for a while. His wife calls and they argue about spending habits.
3 o´clock comes. And stays forever. It seems like time slowed down for the hour of three.
I´m hungry but were busy so I don´t go eat. Hunger goes away but not really. Adaptation is a concept comparable only castration.
Customers consume and leave, consume and leave. J goes crazy when he´s hungry so he goes eat. I don´t even want to eat anymore. Although I can, I don´t want to.
Reefer will be smoked tonight and I need to make a pipe. My manager takes me to water sports and shows me how to McGuiver a pipe from a snorkel.
6 o´clock draws near. I need a ride home and J offers to take me, I accept. We play games online to kill time. Work can be fun.
SIX O´CLOCK MEANS I CAN CAST OFF THE OPPRESSIVE SHACKLES THAT THE MAN HAS PUT ON ME AND LIVE FREELY, RUN NAKED IN A FIELD AND CREATE BEAUTIFUL THINGS ON A PAGE.
J takes me home and I make plans to buy reefer instead. Shower. Make calls in a towel out back. Multi-tasking brings back a headache I´d forgotten about. Dealers are dry. I only have 5 joints.
K picks me up, he showers and shaves his balls. We pick up M. The man of the hour. We are off to buy beer. An act that we have to treat with extreme delicacy. It seems ridiculous that kids my age can buy reefer 30 times easier than beer. We pick up beer that was left over from another night and was stashed in bushed in one of our homes.
Palm Food Mart. The high school student´s ace. I buy beer. The Indian dude charges me double for it, like always. Fuck that guy, I hope he has hepatitis.
C´s house. There is tension. K hates C, so does A. But we all relax. Tonight´s for M. It isn´t long before Ka and S show up. A shows with G. H is nowhere in sight and were all happy because of this. Se shows up with his cousin Al. Ch shows up with Mel. D´s mind is surging with possibilities. D is a bad man.
We smoke. 2. 3. 4 joints. I drink beer. I remember I hadn´t eaten. I forget it. D goes into predator mode. S´s cousin. K´s friend. C´s friend. Time is still ticking by as D wastes his life.
Later. Very drunk in a hammock. Later. Sitting in a chair.Later. Playing with a uke.Later. Empty.Later. Empty.Later. Empty.
Morning. Da and M leave with D´s dad. I, C and I remain. C and I are asleep or still fucking or god knows where. I grab a trash bag and get to work.
¨He who parties the hardest will clean the hardest the next morning.¨-Benjamin (The Tank) Franklin.
C gives me a ride home. D grows sad and goes to sleep.
Awake and it´s sunset. What a glorious waste of:1. life2. money3. health4. intelligence5. human relationships6. futures7. glass bottles8. underwear9. condoms10. youth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home