10.30.2006

I Have To Put On My Shoes

"I Have To Put On My Shoes"

And I have to tie the laces.
I have to walk the dog,
And I have to get the milk.
I have to water the plants,
And I have to answer the phone.

I have to go to the store,
And drink my wine.
I have to sit around,
And smile at the sun.
I have to ask some questions,
And notice that there was no sense.
I have to die a little bit at a time,
And I have to drink myself sober.
I have to take pictures of the sky,
And I have to notice it´s not raining anymore.

I have to put on my shoes.
I have to remember and I have to forget.
I can´t be the eternal gray,
I can´t be the lost day,
I can´t be the dirty look,
I can´t be the unfinished book.
I can´t be the whispered words,
I can´t be the dead, flying birds.

Fields of green that can never be cloud my mind,
Fluffy clouds I can never lie on,
Wet grounds I never want to sit on.
I never noticed what was happening,
Until it was done happening.
Until it was all a greatness or a sadness or whatever.

I never saw,
I never breathed.
I never kissed,
I never fucked.
I never lucked out,
I never bought in.
I never smiled,
I never looked on.
I never snorted,
I never looked back.
I never got caught in the rain,
I never got caught under a car.
I never had a look on my face-- Never.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home